Accounting Intern Scholarship Program
A unique and innovative collaborative effort of
the top Small to Midsize CPA firms of the future
NOTE: We are no longer accepting application for the
AISP 2013 Summer session. Please check back
for information on our AISP 2014 session.
A ‘hands-on’ working accounting internship program designed to:
- Introduce you to the cultures and people of multiple CPA firms and expose you to what they do on a daily basis.
- Show you, directly from partners and staff members, what type of work you can expect to encounter when you accept your first job in public accounting.
AISP is a paid* summer internship program that will include:
- Preparing corporate and individual income tax returns.
- Working on audit engagements.
- Using the QuickBooks software that clients are using to run their business.
- Learning about the various tax software programs most widely used by CPA firms.
- Preparing bank reconciliations, payroll tax returns, sales tax returns and financial statements of clients.
- Training in the use of a paperless document management software system to organize work papers for compilation, review and audit engagements.
- Participating in client meetings.
AISP will also expose you to:
- How CPA firms market to get new clients and keep existing ones.
- What it takes to be a successful staff member in a CPA firm.
- The variety of clients and industries our firms service.
- Networking opportunities you can build on throughout your career.
- Renowned industry leaders, advisors, and consultants for the
The ASIP Summer 2013 Session will be held Monday through Thursday, from 9 am to 5 pm, beginning the week of June 3rd.