The 2014 AISP session started on June 3, 2014, with an orientation session at Ravinia Green Country Club. After an informal meet and greet over breakfast, the interns received a general overview of the eight-week program. Throughout the program, the interns will spend time at each of the six participating firms learning the ins and outs of life at small to midsize CPA firms.
Following the overview, the interns took part in “speed meeting” where they moved from table to table to talk with staff members and partners from the six participating firms. This allowed for both the firms and the interns to get to know each other in a more intimate setting. As an added plus, some of the staff from the different firms were alumni from previous AISP sessions who could answer additional questions about the program.
“This is the second year that we’ve used the speed meeting format,” says Lisa Chester, AISP coordinator and marketing manager for Weltman Bernfield. “Many of the interns have said that they like this format because it gives them individual time with each firm and gives them a chance to meet people before going to the actual firm.”
This year’s interns are:
- Ashley Barak, Judson University
- Michael Bolnick, Bradley University
- Meghan Creed, Elmhurst College
- Corey Lettieri, Illinois State University
- Tim Martin, Roosevelt University
- Sandra Ramirez, DePaul University
- Tim Reichert, Roosevelt University
- Sean Tews, Elmhurst College
- Gergana Tsvetkova, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Matt Wydra, Trinity Christian College